BottomLineHealth - "World's Greatest Treasury of Health Secrets"
Page last updated and images added January 07, 2007.
All links verified October 03, 2006.
Please be sure to read my DISCLAIMER
NOTE: This page Under Construction/Conversion
This page has not been completely converted to OFPv2 Standards.
When this is completed, this paragraph will go away.
Meanwhile, all external links on this page open a new window.
"Treasury" was written supposedly by a team of more than 450 "traditional" and "alternative" who worked together. "[T]his medical super-team has come up with no less than 2,345 new secrets for preventing or curing cancer, heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer's, arthritis, asthma and dozens of other life-threatening or chronically painful conditions."
The infomercial touts all these "free" sources for treatments, etc. 1) I doubt the actual TREATMENT is free - Advice to GET the treatment may be; 2) It SOUNDS like all of the pieces of "advice" are for NATURAL supplements. (Surely not all of them are...?)
Fine-print disclaimer from website (text does not expand/contract):
Health Disclaimer: The information provided herein should not be construed as a heath-care diagnosis, treatment regimen or any other prescribed health-care advice or instruction. The information is provided with the understanding that the publisher is not engaged in the practice of medicine or any other health-care profession and does not enter into a health-care practitioner/patient relationship with its readers. The publisher does not advise or recommend to its readers treatment or action with regard to matters relating to their health or well-being other than to suggest that readers consult appropriate health-care professionals in such matters. No action should be taken based solely on the content of this publication. The information and opinions provided herein are believed to be accurate and sound at the time of publication, based on the best judgment available to the authors. However, readers who rely on information in this publication to replace the advice of health-care professionals, or who fail to consult with health-care professionals, assume all risks of such conduct. The publisher is not responsible for errors or omissions.
[MY colors & highlight - BS]
What does it mean?
It's a "Cover Our Ass" statement. Basically, they're telling you to read the information in the book, talk to your doctor (who, according to the infomercial is a shill for the big drug companies, and would probably NOT recommend you do this rather than have surgery, perform HIS/HER treatment regimen, or take a prescribed pharmaceutical drug), THEN make your decision.
The red says "if you don't do this, it ain't OUR fault."
The blue says "Uh... We didn't WRITE this stuff ... We just compiled it ... If the AUTHOR didn't include information you need (or OUR EDITORS cut it out of that article for space) it ain't OUR fault."
All in all, it's saying "Nothing YOU (the reader) gets out of this book, good or
bad, is OUR FAULT." However, they DO include "testimonials" in the infomercial, so if the advice WORKS for you, they will gladly publish THAT to help sell the book(s).
"Bottom Line" is that the book is available in various libraries. Check it out and read through it. If it's something you want, buy it. If not, you've only wasted the short time to get to the library, check it out and return it."
As in ALL cases where a health item is advertised in an Infomercial, be sure to check all the links associated with it for reviews. Be sure you check with your doctor before starting ANY change in a health regime. Be sure you know what are in products being sold. DO NOT BE UNINFORMED when it comes to your health.
(Host) Barry Farber w/Bottom Line Health (http://www.newsmax.com/pundits/Farber.shtml)
(Seller) Arthur P Johnson - Medical Editor & Author
Back Pain - CURE for back pain - chronic whiplash - C Everett Koop championed. Blacklisted by drug company.
Cancer - Dr Barbara Joseph - Diagnosed self with stage 4 breast cancer - found a secret to double life expectancy
Prostate cancer, Melanoma (breakthrough that triples (333%) survival rate - phone #)
Colon cancer - 90% fewer colon cancer deaths - simple thing
Alzheimer's - Not genetic, not hereditary - preventable - Nigeria/China hardly ever get Alz, not eating a food that Americans eat.
Hospitals - Someone gave his wife the wrong (something). Pain for months, internal bleeding. Avg hospital - 50 mistakes/hour. Easy to protect self against these mistakes. 95% hospital bills have financial errors, usually in their favor. Magic words to get to head of the line in ER, instead of 45 minute wait.
Weight Loss - Less exercise... Double strength & endurance, simple exercise. Double weight-loss by including something in routine. "Reset weight "thermostat"".
Sex problems - for women - CAT - tested on men and women (achieving full satisfaction triple the times)
Heart attack - simple - reduce chances of dying to 1% - p68. 2 sentences.
Drop cholesterol 50 points
Viagra & 2 alternatives - 4th 6 times faster than blue pill (little company)
Prostate Hypoplasia - Naturopathic cure
Breakthrough - Lung Disease - nutrient - experts say if you're not getting it, it's like you were smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day.
Dr Bernie Seigel. MD "how to survive the hospital - one of
the top 10 causes of death"
former clinical professor or surgery, Yale University (Author of "Love, Medicine & Miracles") Contributor. "Use the information with your inspiration"
Dr Richard Firshein, D.O. (Author of "Reversing Asthma")
Recommend to friends, family, patients "... in my waiting room" 100s of pages of facts
As you can see, this page is not complete. I have transferred the information from the old Infomercial Info page to give myself (and you) a reference and starting point. I used other Business Opportunity pages as a template, and have left bits and pieces of paragraphs. They may or MAY NOT apply to THIS biz opp.
The links from the original reference have been transferred here, too. Other than the link(s) to the product site(s), they have not been "categorized". I will also find other links when I get to the conversion of this page.
Once this page is complete, the links note (above right) will be updated, and this whole section will be removed.
Worlds Greatest Treasury
of Health Secrets Infomercial
Worlds Greatest Treasury
of Health Secrets Infomercial
Following are links to what appear to be "main" sites for the product.
- www.healthsecrets.com forwards to http://www.tvc.healthsecrets.com/
- https://www.tva.healthsecrets.com/ (2+minute commercial)
- http://healthsecrets.tv/toc (2+minute commercial)
- Publisher's sites:
This section lists the sites where I found "negative" comments about the people and company, and/or the product. Some of the terms "sham", "scam", "scams", "flim-flam", "complain", "complaints", "rip", "rip-off", "fraud", "warning", similar words, and maybe just "review" were used in searching for negative comments.
WARNING: Be aware that some of the following sites may be attempting to sell their own or lead you into buying another product. If you consider their (or others') offers, at least do as much research on them as you would in looking for a new house, car or doctor before buying anything. Also, be sure to read and understand any company's Privacy Policies and Terms/Conditions, too. A "$$" indicates these sites.
- FITNESS INFOMERCIAL REVIEW - THE WORLD'S GREATEST TREASURY OF HEALTH SECRETS REVIEW (apparently, when you call, they "upsell" you on other books/products and "This book contains conflicting advice, sometimes in columns next to each other. ("... low fat, low protein guru ... advice right next to ... [authors who] advocate a low carb/high protein diet. How is the reader to know which is correct?")
- from Infomercial Scams
INFOMERCIAL SCAMS.COM - THE WORLD'S GREATEST TREASURY OF HEALTH SECRETS COMPLAINTS (advice: "Do not give your credit card number to these people" and "I ordered the book's and they were never received and, customer service say's payment was made, I have waited since January and this is April. still have not received the book's.")
- Sydney (Australia) Morning Herald - "Book of ills: discount offer is 'snake oil for seniors'"
- ActiveForever - Worlds Greatest Treasury of Health Secrets Book - The book's home website says "not sold in any store" - I realize this is not a "store", but it is NOT (apparently) the publishers' website, so it IS sold elsewhere, and HERE, it's $10 cheaper! And there are discounted price ranges for buying multiples.
- Amazon.com: Books Search Results: world's greatest treasury health Secrets (416 results 07/16/2006 - price from $19.94-$88.00) customer review: "I bought it because the advertisement guaranteed a secret way to lower high blood pressure in two weeks. Surprise, the book said to exercise, eat better and go to the doctor for medication if it is more than a little bit high. No secrets in this book, just what you have already heard on television and from every other source."
- INFOMERCIAL BLOG.COM » The World’s Greatest Treasury of Health Secrets Book (notes: "At one point, the guy you see in the photo says that the book contained a cure for back pain, which can’t be true because there is no cure for back pain. Chiropractors can only “treat” back pain. A disease that is cured must never return, recur, or flare up after successful treatment.")
- INFOMERCIAL RATINGS.COM - WORLD'S GREATEST TREASURY OF HEALTH SECRETS REVIEW (most reviews are negative - some quotes from them: "Vague generalities", "Don't waste your money reading about if you cut your finger put a bandage on it or if you are feeling tired try sleeping. What a joke.", "Typically each category, say, sleeplessness, has maybe 2 or 3 ideas. There is no description of the ideas' efficacy, balancing view, or where the idea came from.", and "This book is very evasive, not wanting to say specifics in regards to "curing" yourself of diseases like cancer. It constantly points to other publications (of which if you want to know what they say, you have to buy the book)."
- Unintelligent Design: Move Over Kevin Trudeau, Here Comes Something Quackier.....
It's been noted by a number of sites, much of the information you glean from xxx is available at various websites for free. In these links you can find products, reviews, and other articles that may help, whether you have bought the system or not.